Diabetes Nutritional Gains from Healthy Whole Grains (糖尿病营养-从整个五谷获取健康)
Moss Greene has written an article on the benefits of Whole Grains. In this article, she has quoted some statistics from Harvard Medical School such as:
1. Those who ate the least amount of whole grains had 60% higher incidence of type 2 diabetes than those who ate the most whole grains.
2. Physically active obese men who ate the most whole grains developed 52% less diabetes, even though they were extremely overweight.
3. And two other research studies of women and whole grains confirmed these Harvard Medical School findings – healthy whole grains provide protection against diabetes and other degenerative diseases!
Once contracted diabetes, greatly increase the risk of:
· Kidney failure,
· Limb amputation,
· Erection problems,
· Heart attack or stroke,
· And also nerve damage.
Healthy whole grains are high fiber low glycemic foods that help keep blood sugar balanced and insulin working properly:
1. Whole grains help to prevent constipation,
2. Reduces your risk of cardiovascular disease,
3. Offers protection against some forms of cancer,
4. Helps protect you from developing type 2 diabetes,
5. And eating more whole grains helps you to live longer.
The above information is extracted from the article, Diabetes Nutritional Gains from Healthy Whole Grains, by MOSS GREENE